Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Amazing Plastic Building Bricks

Read about this on mrbrown's.

It's an auction on ebay for an 8-ft long model of a Star Wars Rebel Attack Cruiser built out of LEGO blocks. The detailing on this model is awesome. It never ceases to amaze me the stuff that can be built from LEGO bricks. It seems that they can be fitted together to form almost anything.

They have been around for a long time. I remember playing with these little plastic bricks when I was a kid. Although I could never piece anything even vaguely resembling any known items together. So most of the time I would sit and watch, fascinated, as my brother Sol would build small planes, ships, cars and buildings. Now his 6 year old son shares in his love of building stuff from tiny plastic bricks and watches, like me before, as his dad create models from the many small pieces. However, it's MEGA BLOKS for my nephew though.

My nephew told us that he wants to gather enough of the bricks so that he and his dad can build a model car that is big enough for him to sit in and he even wants to be able to 'drive' it around. How he proposes to power the car he doesn't know yet. The simplicity of a child's thinking.

Well anyway my gift for him this Christmas was easy enough to get. But that still leaves another 8 more gifts that I need to go shop for and wrap before this weekend. Yup, Christmas is in another 4 days!

No comments: