Saturday, December 17, 2005

Why Did God Give Us All That Hair?

Here's another post from my old blog that I could not delete. Had quite a laugh while reading it again. This was first posted on July 02, 2004.
Just spent 30 mins pruning myself. I am blessed with hair in all the wrong places! As I contorted myself to facilitate the removal of the offending follicles, my mind wandered as it always does (helps to cope with the pain). And it came to rest on this topic of body hair.

There has to be a reason why God gave us hair on varied places of our topical anatomy.

So why should certain hairy regions be looked upon as unsightly while other areas are meticulously pruned and maintained?

So many products, treatments and techniques for temporary, and some permanent, hair removal. But isn't it ironic that there seems to be an equal amount of products and treatments to encourage hair growth?

Wouldn't it be great if we could somehow channel hair from one area of the body to another? Then we won't have to worry about not having enough hair where it matters and too much where it's undesired.

But then back to my first point of why did God give us hair in all those areas to begin with. I don't believe God is a frivolous creator who creates without reason or purpose. Well I'm sure there must have been and must still be a reason for us to have all that hair. We are just not seeing it. And we have created so many other reasons for ourselves - aesthetic, hygiene, medical, even religious - to continue in our pursuit of hairless underarms, smooth stubble free legs and a beautiful head of hair or lack of (depending on your religious obligations).
So what's your take on this: why did God give us all that hair?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its mostly practical... but He's also got this odd sense of humour. then again could just be someone down the production line with poor QC standards.